We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who value teamwork. Kemp’s employees are committed to our business purpose and enjoy having a good time, while working hard to achieve common goals. The Kemp family continues to evolve, and we are seeking new team members to join us in making a lasting difference for themselves, their families, and our clients. You will never be just a number at Kemp!
JOB LISTINGS WILL APPEAR HERE. CHECK WITH SARA.
As a Senior Superintendent with specialized experience in the Division of the State Architect (DSA) and Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD)regulations, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the construction of complex projects within the specified regulatory frameworks. This position requires a seasoned professional with a deep understanding of DSA and OSHPD requirements, exceptional leadership skills, and a proven track record of successfully managing large-scale ($100M+) construction projects.
1. Regulatory Compliance:
· Ensure strict adherence to DSA and OSHPD regulations throughout all phases of construction.
· Stay abreast of updates and changes to DSA and OSHPD requirements and implement necessary adjustments to project plans and procedures.
2. Project Management:
· Oversee and manage the construction process from pre-construction to project closeout, ensuring timely and within-budget completion.
· Collaborate with project managers, architects, engineers, and subcontractors to develop and execute project plans that comply with DSA and OSHPD standards.
3. Site Supervision:
· Provide on-site leadership and direction to construction teams, ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with approved plans and specifications.
· Conduct regular site inspections to monitor progress, quality, and safety compliance.
4. Quality Control:
· Implement and enforce quality control processes to ensure that construction work meets or exceeds industry standards and regulatory requirements.
· Collaborate with quality assurance teams to address and resolve any discrepancies or issues promptly.
· Maintain clear and open communication channels with project stakeholders, including owners, architects, engineers, and regulatory authorities.
· Prepare and deliver regular progress reports to keep all parties informed of project status.
6. Budget and Cost Management:
· Work closely with project managers to develop and manage construction budgets.
· Monitor project costs, identify potential cost overruns, and implement cost-saving measures when necessary.
7. Risk Management:
· Identify potential risks and challenges related to DSA and OSHPD compliance and work proactively to mitigate them.
· Collaborate with legal and regulatory experts to address any legal or compliance issues that may arise.
1. Minimum of 15 years of superintendent experience, with a focus on DSA and OSHPD projects.
2. In-depth knowledge of DSA and OSHPD regulations and processes.
3. Proven experience managing large-scale, complex construction projects around $100M in value.
4. Strong leadership and team management skills.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Proficiency in project management software and tools.
As a Project Manager with specialized experience in the Division of the State Architect (DSA) and Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) regulations, you will take a leadership role in planning, executing, and closing construction projects within the specified regulatory frameworks. The position requires a skilled professional with a comprehensive understanding of DSA and OSHPD requirements, excellent project management capabilities, and proven track record of successfully delivering projects on time and within budget.
1. Regulatory Compliance:
· Ensure all project activities align with DSA and OSHPD regulations and standards.
· Stay informed about updates and changes to DSA and OSHPD requirements and integrate these into project plans and documentation.
2. Project Planning and Execution:
· Develop comprehensive project plans, including timelines, budgets, and resource requirements, considering DSA and OSHPD compliance throughout.
· Collaborate with architects, engineers, and construction teams to translate project requirements into actionable plans.
3. Stakeholder Communication:
· Serve as the primary point of contact for project stakeholders, including clients, architects, regulatory authorities, and subcontractors.
· Communicate project objectives, timelines, and updates effectively to ensure all parties are aligned.
4. Budget Management:
· Develop and manage project budgets, ensuring financial goals are met and cost controls are in place.
· Monitor project expenses, identify potential cost overruns, and implement corrective measures as needed.
5. Risk Assessment and Mitigation:
· Identify and assess project risks, especially those related to DSA and OSHPD compliance.
· Implement risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans to ensure project success.
6. Quality Control:
· Collaborate with quality assurance teams to establish and maintain high standards of construction quality.
· Conduct regular inspections to verify compliance with DSA and OSHPD requirements.
7. Contract Management:
· Oversee contract negotiations, ensuring that agreements align with project goals and comply with DSA and OSHPD regulations.
· Monitor contract performance and address any issues or disputes promptly.
1. Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Civil Engineering, or a related field is required.
2. 10-12 years of experience in project management, with a focus on construction and DSA/OSHPD projects that range from$40M-$100M+.
3. Thorough understanding of DSA and OSHPD regulations and processes.
4. Proficient in project management software and tools.
5. Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
6. Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal abilities.
1. Project Management Professional (PMP)certification or equivalent is preferred.
2. Design-Build Certified (DBIA) is a plus.
3. Certifications related to DSA or OSHPD compliance are a plus.
As a Project Engineer with our general contracting team, you will be an integral part of the project management process, supporting the planning, coordination, and execution of construction projects. This role requires a detail-oriented and organized professional with a strong engineering background, excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with various project stakeholders.
1. Project Planning and Coordination:
· Collaborate with project managers, architects, and subcontractors to develop detailed project plans and schedules.
· Assist in the coordination of project activities, ensuring alignment with timelines and budgetary constraints.
2. Document Control:
· Manage project documentation, including drawings, specifications, and correspondence.
· Ensure all project documents are up-to-date, accurately filed, and accessible to relevant team members.
3. Submittals and RFI Management:
· Prepare and submit project submittals in accordance with contract requirements.
· Manage the Request for Information (RFI)process, coordinating responses and maintaining accurate records.
4. Quality Assurance:
· Support the implementation and maintenance of quality control processes.
· Conduct regular inspections to verify that work complies with project specifications and industry standards.
5. Cost Estimation and Budgeting:
· Assist in the preparation of cost estimates for project components.
· Monitor project costs and report any deviations from the budget to the project management team.
6. Procurement Assistance:
· Support the procurement process by obtaining quotes, evaluating bids, and preparing purchase orders.
· Coordinate the timely delivery of materials and equipment to the construction site.
7. Communication and Coordination:
· Facilitate effective communication among project team members, subcontractors, and other stakeholders.
· Attend project meetings and provide regular updates on project progress and issues.
8. Safety Compliance:
· Work in conjunction with the safety team to ensure that safety protocols and regulations are adhered to on the construction site.
· Promote a culture of safety among all project team members.
1. Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Construction Management, or a related field is required.
2. 2-5 years of experience in construction project engineering.
3. Proficiency in project management software and Microsoft Office applications.
4. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Kemp Bros. Construction, Inc. seeks motivated candidates for full-time employment in Commercial Construction positions in the greater Los Angeles area of Southern California. We offer excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement at this privately held, family-oriented and employee-focused, general contracting firm.
The Superintendent is our field construction leader and must have verifiable experience in constructing DSA regulated school projects (K-12 and higher education) and various other types of public and private facilities. Healthcare/OSHPD regulated project experience is also a plus. Knowledge of all aspects of project safety and OSHA regulations is required.
Experience in ground up construction, as well as working in occupied building environments, is required. Applicants should possess a broad knowledge of concrete, structural steel, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, and demonstrate the ability to schedule these trades with successful outcomes. The ability to plan, coordinate and prosecute the work is essential. Understanding, developing and adhering to project construction schedules is also a mandatory requirement.
The project Superintendent acts as the front-line contact with the owner, architect, engineer and project building inspectors and is expected to provide direction and leadership to all sub-trades, work closely with the contractor’s field staff, Project Managers, Project Engineers and other support staff, owner’s representatives and the design team to help develop and maintain construction schedules, coordinate and direct the construction process.
Excellent interpersonal skills and computer skills with an understanding of BIM are required. Working knowledge of any of the following software is a plus: Microsoft Office Products, especially Project, Primavera, Prolog Manager, NoteVault, Procore, Textura and Bluebeam.
Paid insurance programs including healthcare, dental, vision, and life
Generous vacation program
401K plan with 50% matching contribution
Company vehicle program
Company organized events
Employee referral reward program
Working with experienced project management personnel
Utilizing the newest construction technology tools
ADRIAN GONZALES, GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT
KEMP BROS. CONSTRUCTION, INC.